In this article i gives an overview Generac 4000EXL Manual book and basic safety rules previous to operating your own generator. Compare that illustrations together with your generator, to become acquainted with the places of several controls and also adjustments. Conserve this generac guide book for foreseeable future reference. If you wish to download this specific generac manual you can find links down below.
Generac 4000EXL Manual
Generac Manual 4000EXL
- 12 Volt DC,10 Amp Receptacle — Recharge a discharged 12 Volt automotive type battery through thisreceptacle.
- 120 Volt AC, 15 Amp Duplex Receptacle — May be used to supply electrical power for the operation of 120 Volt AC, 15 Amp, single phase, 60 Hz electrical lighting, appliance, tool and motor loads.
- 120 Volt AC, 30 Amp Receptacle — May be used to supply electrical power for the operation of 120 Volt AC, 30 Amp, single phase, 60 Hz electrical lighting, appliance,tool and motor loads.
- 120/240 Volt AC, 20 Amp Receptacle — May be used to supply electrical power for the operation of 120 and/or 240 Volt AC, 20 Amp, single phase, 60 Hz electrical lighting, appliance, tool and motor loads.
- Air Cleaner — Protects engine by filtering dust and debris out of intake air
- Choke Lever — Used when starting a cold engine.
- Circuit Breakers (AC) — Each receptacle is provided with a “push to reset” circuit breaker to protect the generator against electrical overload.
- FuelTank — Capacity of 4.5 U.S. gallons.
- Grounding Fastener — If required, please consult a qualified electrician, electrical inspector, or local agency having jurisdiction.
- Idle Control Switch — With this switch set to ON, printed circuit board in control panel automatically reducesengine speed when no load is connected and increases engine to proper speed when load is applied. However, be sure switch is OFF when starting engine.
- Recoil starter — Used to start the engine manually.
- Run/Stop Switch — Set this switch to “Run” before using recoil starter. Set switch to “Stop” to switch OFF engine.
- Spark Arrester Muffler — Exhaust muffler lowers engine noise and is equipped with a spark arrester screen.
- Start Button — When pressed, cranks engine to start.
IMPORTANT: Read entire owner’s generac manual before you attempt to assemble or operate your new generator.
Starting the Engine manual
Disconnect all electrical loads from the generator. Follow these start instruction steps in numerical order:
1. Make sure unit is on a level surface. IMPORTANT: Failure to start and operate unit on a level surface will cause the unit not to start or shut down during operation.
2. Turn fuel valve to “On” position.
3. Make sure Idle Control switch is in “Off” position
4. Start engine according to instructions given in engine
Stopping the Engine
1. Turn OFF and unplug ALL electrical loads from generator panel receptacles.NEVER start or stop engine with electrical devices plugged in and turned ON.
2. Move idle control switch to “Off” position.
3. Let engine run at no-load for several minutes to stabilize internal temperatures of engine and generator.
4. Turn engine off according to instructions given in the engine owner’s manual.
5. Move fuel valve to “Off” position.
if you want to get this Generac 4000EXL Manual you can download it from www.generac.com or you can also download directly from this link.
Hope this Generac 4000EXL Manual article useful.Tags: 4000exl, generac